Singapore 2017 in reviewby Christian Trabold - 11 January, 2018
The third DevOpsDays in Singapore was held at Microsoft Operations Offices on October 25th and 26th 2017 with participation of more than 200 attendees.
Speakers came from Europe, USA and Asia and included viewpoints ranging from process automation to software and system engineering.
The conference is a mixture of organised formal presentations in the morning and informal self-organising open spaces in the afternoon.
Attendees suggested topics via pigeonhole and voted throughout the day on the website which worked well.
Kudos were given across the board in the attendee survey here are some:
- The organization and speakers were great. The Open Spaces have been extremely valuable.
- It was great to get insight and advice from others with exactly the same problems
- Very well organized and great venue.
- Friendly, non-obtrusive sponsors allowed to promote their capabilities in a very organised manner.
After the end of the event, we sent around a survey. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Some things we think went well:
- The speakers all did a great job. You can watch a recording of each session by clicking on the title on our program page.
- The organization and speakers were great. The Open Spaces was easily the best open spaces we had in DevOpsDays Singapore and extremely valuable.
- Most people said they liked the balance between chosen sessions and open spaces
- Registration and check-in was a breeze and ti.to worked very well for us again
Some things that could have been better:
- Some people wanted to see more in depth talks and demos (workshops)
- Calculate the shirt sizes based on previous years to avoid rush orders
- Apply signs for opening doors as some doors opened on surprise
- Order more food, coffee and snacks
Thank you to everyone involved in this experience! See you on at the local devops meetup!