devopsdays London - Proposals
Call for proposals opens Thursday, Apr 20, 2017.
Call for proposals closes Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
Selected proposals will be announced on Wednesday, Jun 14, 2017.
There are two types:
- Main talk: 30 minute slots.
- Ignite talk: 5 minute slots (presented using the Ignite format.)
What the organisers have been blogging about:
Our main criteria:
- relevant to our theme: which is ‘Transforming the future together’
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table or during Open Space.
- diversity: our review process will involve stripping any identifiable information from proposals including name, gender, geography and company.
- Be specific… we aren’t mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good… but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other rules