Does your organization have remote engineers? Are you considering going remote yourself? Learn how the USA TODAY NETWORK does remote culture…the right way. Our engineers and our organization reap countless rewards. We'll discuss the pros and cons of remote culture and how we overcome those challenges.
Learn how the USA TODAY NETWORK does remote culture…the right way. Our engineers and our organization reap countless rewards.
- Unlimited recruiting pool geographically so we can recruit skilled candidates anywhere without the obstacles that come with relocation.
- Employees are more productive and enjoy work/life balance.
- Very limited commute, if any, for remote employees.
- Gives employees flexibility to spend more quality time with family.
- Our engineers are able to live further from city centers if they wish.
- Lost efficiency due to communication challenges.
- Time zone differences among employees in different locales.
- Tough to replace face to face interactions that happen in an office setting
- Difficulties being fully inclusive of remote employees amongst non-remote
- Higher level of accountability required for remote employees
- Equipment malfunction without onsite IT support can be challenging and cause lost productivity
We will discuss the ways our team addresses these challenges. This makes the benefits far outweigh the challenges involved.