devopsdays Los Angeles - Call for Proposals
Call for proposals opens Wednesday, Dec 19, 2018.
Call for proposals closes Tuesday, Jan 15, 2019.
Selected proposals will be announced on Friday, Feb 15, 2019.
DevOps Day LA is currently seeking speakers for 30 minute talks.
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- local practioners: we want to highlight local work by practioners in the Southern California area.
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table.
Submit a proposal: Google Form
- Be specific… we aren’t mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good… but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other rules
Questions: Email [firstname.lastname@example.org