The goal of this master class is to show how it’s possible to get consistent workflow for any applications on any platform, and through this making your R&D life easier.
We will begin with simple environment and then deep dive into more complex infrastructure. You learn how to utilize this concept in the green field and how to enhance your current infrastructure. Including integration of Kubernetes with your legacy servers in on-prem and cloud environments.
Part 1 (1.5 Hours) Get into the Zen - Concepts & Fundamentals
- 12 factor apps - learn how to create generic artifacts that are easier to deploy
- Immutable infrastructure - understanding this concept will reduce “it worked on my environment”
- Packer and Terraform basics (Hands-on) (v 0.12) - build simple AWS environment
Part 2 (2 Hours) Meditate with Consul, Vault and Terraform
- Terraform - best practices, using modules, seperate states, orchestrate deployments
- Service discovery and configuration management with Consul ( hands-on)
- Secret management through Vault - configuration of dynamic servers, encryption as a service and how to make it easy for your development teams to utilize it (hands-on)
Part 3 (1.5 Hours) The enlightenment - Legacy & New World
- Orchestration with Nomad (hands-on)
- Integrate your legacy systems with Kubernetes by using Consul (hands-on)
- Building hybrid cloud /multi cloud infrastructure by using Consul service mesh
- Integrating Kubernetes with Vault