Ever wonder what steps one takes from a career transition into manual QA from another career, to working one’s way up to CIO? In this talk I cover my journey, the lessons I learned and the mistakes I made to help inspire the audience, with authenticity and transparency, to follow the path they want.
In this talk, I cover my successes and failures and provide a road-map of activities to help the audience focus their career planning.
- Topics will include
- Goal setting
- Being intentional with your career
- Finding the right mentors
- Building your brand
- Keeping your skills current
- Looking out for what is coming
- Controversial topics as to what certifications and title matter.
- Developing team talent
- Hiring and releasing talent
- How to build leaders
- Challenging the status quo
- Pivoting when necessary, but not quitting
and most importantly, believing in yourself.