devopsdays Chicago - Health & Safety / COVID-19 Policy
In order to ensure the health and safety of all our attendees, staff, speakers, sponsors, and venue partners, DevOpsDays Chicago is instituting the following COVID-19 policy for our 2023 event
Vaccination / Testing
- We are requiring vaccination or a negative test (PCR or antigen) within the last 24 hours for in-person attendance. If you are not able to show proof of vaccination or a negative test, you are invited to participate online. Specifically, all in-person participants - including sponsors, speakers, staff, and attendees - must have completed a full COVID-19 vaccination at least two (2) weeks prior to this event, by July 26, 2023 or provide a negative test (see details below).
- We will require proof of vaccination – original card, legible photo of card (front and back), or government-compliant digital vaccination verification app (such as Clear or VaxYes) – plus matching ID for badge pickup.
- We will require proof of a negative COVID test within the last 24 hours if proof of vaccination is not available. Acceptable proof of testing includes the original PCR test printout or email, a negative antigen test result or a photo of a negative antigen test result with something reflecting the date in it. A limited number of antigen tests will be available on-site.
- As of February 2022, Illinois has lifted the mask mandate for most venues. However, we will still recommend the wearing of approved masks (KN95/N95/KF94) that fully cover the nose and mouth in all indoor spaces.
- Please respect everyone’s decision to mask up or not; any disrespect or harrassment to other attendees will be in violation of not only our Health & Safety policy but our Code of Conduct and you will be asked to leave.
- We are paying close attention to the Illinois Department of Health recommendations and the City of Chicago Community Transmission and Risk pages for further guidance.
- Masks will be available on-site for anyone who requires one.
- If you are feeling sick on either day of the event, we strongly encourage you to stay home and not try to attend. Refunds are available for any ticketholder who cannot attend due to illness.
- We reserve the right to temperature check any individual presenting symptoms and refuse entry based on a ‘positive’ fever result.
If you cannot comply with these requirements, we ask that you request a ticket refund by emailing [email protected] and participate virtually by watching our livestream and interacting online.
Note on Changes To Policy
We reserve the right to change our Health & Safety policy and will be constantly reevaluating this policy between now and the event. However, the Health & Safety policy will not be made any less restrictive 60 days prior to the event. If you have any questions or concerns about your ticket purchase based on our policy, please email [email protected]
Please note our policies are also subject to change depending on federal, state, and local requirements/guidelines/mandates.
- We welcome travelers from outside of the US, but do not necessarily have expertise in validating non-CDC-issued vaccine cards. Please reach out to us at [email protected] ahead of the conference, so that we can ensure that we’re prepared to validate your vaccine card. Alternatively, you are welcome to provide a negative test in lieu of a vaccindation card.