devopsdays London - Propose
Call for proposals opens Tuesday, Jan 31, 2023.
Call for proposals closes Saturday, May 20, 2023.
Selected proposals will be announced on Tuesday, Jun 20, 2023.
Our CFP is now open! Use this form to propose a talk.
There are three ways to propose a topic at devopsdays:
- A 30-minute talk presented during the conference, usually in the mornings.
- An Ignite talk presented during the Ignite sessions (scheduling varies). These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total).
- Open Space: If you'd like to lead a group discussion during the attendee-suggested Open Space breakout sessions, it is not necessary to propose it ahead of time. Those topics are suggested in person at the conference. If you'd like to demo your product or service, you should sponsor the event and demo it at your table.
Choosing talks is part art, part science; here are some factors we consider when trying to assemble the best possible program for our local audience:
- broad appeal: How will your talk play out in a room of people with a variety of backgrounds? Technical deep dives need more levels to provide value for the whole room, some of whom might not use your specific tool.
- new local presenters: You are the only one who can tell your story. We are very interested in the challenges and successes being experienced in our local area. We are happy to provide guidance/coaching for new speakers upon request.
- under-represented voices: We want to hear all voices, including those that may speak less frequently at similar events. Whether you’re in a field not typically thought of as a technology field, you’re in a large, traditional organization, or you’re the only person at your organization with your background, we are interested in your unique experience.
- original content: We will consider talks that have already been presented elsewhere, but we prefer talks that the local area isn’t likely to have already seen.
- no third-party submissions: This is a small community-driven event, and speakers need to be directly engaged with the organizers and attendees. If a PR firm or your marketing department is proposing the talk, you’ve already shown that as a speaker you’re distant from the process.
- no vendor pitches: As much as we value vendors and sponsors, we are not going to accept a talk that appears to be a pitch for your product.
As a speaker we will provide you with:
- a free ticket to the conference
- free ticket for 1 other person and some discount codes
in addition, if you are personally funding your attendance we have some budget to cover reasonable travel and accommodation costs.
Help with your talk
If you are a first time speaker and/or from an under represented group in technology
we would like to help you with your talk.
Several of the committee are veteran speakers and can provide help and suggestions
to make your talk better should it be selected.