devopsdays New York City - Health & Safety / COVID-19 Policy
In order to ensure the health and safety of all our attendees, staff, speakers, sponsors, and venue partners, devopsdays NYC is instituting the following COVID-19 policy for our 2023 event
Vaccination / Testing
- For the purposes of this event, we are requiring negative COVID tests (PCR or antigen) from within the last 24 hours for in-person attendance. Specifically, we’re asking this of all participants - including sponsors, speakers, staff, and attendees.
While we believe vaccination is important, we feel that requiring a test for detectable infection right before the event starts is the most impactful thing we can do to reduce the risk of attendees catching COVID.
- Rapid-result antigen tests will be available at the registration desk / badge pickup table for attendees’ use.
- For faster check-in at registration, please test in advance, and be ready to provide proof of a negative COVID test taken within the last 24 hours, plus matching ID, at the badge pick-up table.
- Acceptable proof of testing would include the original PCR test printout or email, or a photo of oneself with the negative antigen test result, with timestamp metadata or with something reflecting the date.
- New York City has lifted the mask mandate for most venues. However, we will still encourage the wearing of approved masks (KN95/N95/KF94) that fully cover the nose and mouth, especially in enclosed rooms.
- Please respect everyone’s decision to mask up or not; any disrespect or harrassment to other attendees will be in violation of not only our Health & Safety policy but our Code of Conduct and you will be asked to leave.
- We are paying close attention to the New York City Department of Health recommendations and guidance.
- Masks will be available on-site at the registration table.
- Weather permitting, there will be access to outdoors patio space for eating as well as the evening mixer.
- If you are feeling sick on either day of the event, we strongly encourage you to stay home and not try to attend. COVID isn’t the only transmissable disease in the air - refunds are available for any ticketholder who cannot attend due to illness.
- We reserve the right to ask any individual presenting symptoms to take another antigen rapid test. (It’ll still be allergy season, there may be some people with coughs and sniffles!)
Note on Changes To Policy
We reserve the right to adjust our Health & Safety policy and will be constantly reevaluating this policy between now and the event. However, the Health & Safety policy will not be made any less restrictive 30 days prior to the event. If you have any questions or concerns about your ticket purchase based on our policy, please email [email protected]
Please note our policies are also subject to change depending on federal, state, and local requirements/guidelines/mandates.
- All non-U.S. citizens whose immigration status is nonimmigrant in order to enter the United States are required to show proof of vaccination at ports of departure when entering the United States. Please visit the Department of Homeland Security website here or the CDC website here for additional guidance.
- Additionally you can also check with your flight carrier as they may have updated information.