devopsdays Salt Lake City - proposeCall for proposals opens Wednesday, Dec 14, 2016.
Call for proposals closes Wednesday, Feb 15, 2017.
Selected proposals will be announced on Wednesday, Mar 1, 2017.
There are three ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 30 minute slots that will have the full attention of all attendees, as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions. These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) which are also presented to all attendees in one room
- Open Space session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during Open Space. Check the Open Space explanation for more information.
Even if you don’t propose, please consider commenting on proposals submitted by others
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table or during Open Space.
How to submit a proposal: Instructions for submitting your proposal will be made available once the call for proposals is open. In the meantime, get those proposals ready!