“With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery” is a common complaint. But it doesn’t have to be! This workshop gives an overview on how to monitor distributed applications with the easy to use, open source Elastic Stack.
We dive into:
- System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
- Application logs: Collect structured logs in a central location.
- Uptime monitoring: Ping services and actively monitor their availability and response time.
- Application metrics: Get the information from Boot’s metrics and health via REST or JMX.
- Request tracing: Use Sleuth to trace requests through a distributed system and Zipkin to show how long each call takes.
And we will do all of that live, since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.