devopsdays Columbus - Propose
Call for proposals opens Friday, May 11, 2018.
Call for proposals closes Wednesday, Jul 18, 2018.
Selected proposals will be announced on Sunday, Aug 19, 2018.
To propose, click here.
There are three ways to propose a topic at devopsdays:
- A 30-minute talk presented during the conference, usually in the mornings.
- An Ignite talk presented during the Ignite sessions (scheduling varies). These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total).
- Open Space: If you’d like to lead a group discussion during the attendee-suggested Open Space breakout sessions, it is not necessary to propose it ahead of time. Those topics are suggested in person at the conference. If you’d like to demo your product or service, you should sponsor the event and demo it at your table.
Choosing talks is part art, part science; here are some factors we consider when trying to assemble the best possible program for our local audience:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table or during Open Space.
How to submit a proposal: Click here
- Be specific… we aren’t mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good… but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other rules