devopsdays Houston - FAQ
Attending our event? Have a question? Then check out the answers to the Frequently Asked Questions below.
If you are a sponsor, please checkout Sponsor FAQ as well.
If you don’t see an answer there, please drop us an email at [[email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the dress code?
- Where is the conference center?
- Where to park?
- Will food be provided?
- What to bring
- Where will registration/talks/workshops take place
- Communications and Collaboration
1. What is the dress code?
The conference does not have a dress code. We suggest business casual or casual, as long as it is appropriate for a professional gathering.
2. Where is the conference center?
The conference will take place at The Ion Houston
4201 Main Street
Houston, Texas 77002
Check out Location
page for direction and parking situation.
3. What is the parking situation?
We recommend that attendees use the tenant lot/overflow lot, as the visitor lot has very limited space.
Check out Location page for directions and map of the parking lot(s).
4. Will food be provided?
We will provide breakfast and boxed lunch on both days. Additionally, there will be Happy Hour on the first day, right after the event.
5. What to bring
There will be keynote addresses, lightning talks, workshops, and open spaces, so make sure you bring your listening ears for talks, laptops for workshops, and bright ideas for open spaces!
Check the event program.
Some of the workshops require additional software or accounts. Please check below:
- Building a K8s Internal Developer Platform
- Please bring a laptop with Rancher Desktop and git installed.
- Cloud-Native Foundations: An Interactive Envoy Proxy Workshop
- Lets Operationalize a Machine Learning Model in 60 mins
- Our Future Is Back to Our Roots: Evolving Our SDLC with No-Code DevOps and Environments-on-Demand
- Bring your own laptop with the following installed:
6. Where will registration/talks/workshops take place?
Registration table will be located on the first flour of the Ion.
Most of the event (talks, sponsors, open spaces, breakfast/lunch/happy hour) will take place on the 4th floor of the Ion
All workshops will take place on the lower level of the Ion, in Room 30-31.
7. Communications and Collaboration
Twitter & LinkedIn Announcements
Before, during and after the event you can get announcments and stay in touch with us by following us on Twitter
Sign up for our Slack workspace Houston DevOps
: stay up to date on shared links and slides as event progresses, get answers to your questions from organizers, get help from volunteers, or connect with other attendees in real time.